Thursday, February 16, 2012

My first explosion box

     So I have been sick these past few days, yuck!  Who wants to be sick on Valentine's day?!  Not me!  So since I was unable to do anything fun and creative for the holiday, I thought I'd share some pics of some projects I did recently.  I am still a bit of a newbie, honing my style and technique (not to mention still gathering a stash of standard supplies-though it's coming along), but I hope you like what you see!

     Here is my very first attempt at an explosion box.  I think it came out pretty though I always seem to want to do more and more to every project I finish to make it that much better.
Here it is all closed up, next time I'll do more decorations on the exterior.  I really wanted to and some sort of scalloped border to the lid but alas, it didn't happen this time.

     I wish I had used a softer orange (but I didn't have available to me at the time) for the accent color on the interior. But for a first try I think I did pretty well and I am getting better every day!  Let me know your thoughts and ideas!  Thanks! ~Morgan

3 comments:

  1. I have made an explosion box once before, Morgan, and loved it. But, here, I love the rounded corners you have created! The fact that you have actually put a birthday cake inside is genious!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project...I have yet to make an explosion box...thanks so much for the inspiration and KUDOS to you for starting your blog! Looks FABulous:) thanks so much for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete